Environment Management Concept
- Its an attempt to control human impact on and interaction with the environment in order to preserve natural resources
- Environmental management focuses on the improvement of human welfare for present and future generations.
- Administrative functions that develop, implement, and monitor the environmental policy of an organization.
- is a pattern of resource use, that aims to meet human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come.
- The development initiatives be initiated in such a way that the future generations can enjoy the benefits of Nature without any compromise.
- Using the resources to the extent to which it is sustained.
- Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs
Significance in India
- WHY factor
- India is the world’s sixth largest and second fastest growing producer of greenhouse gases.
- Delhi , Mumbai and Chennai are three of the world’s ten most polluted cities.
- Two-thirds of city dwellers lack sewerage; one-third lack potable water.
- India urban population grows equivalent of another New York City every year. This equals to a projected urban population of over 500 million in 20 years.
- The ultimate goal of environmental planning is to determine how environmentalism affects the designs of cities in towns. The planning focuses on how communities can achieve sustainable development and use resources in a way that is good for the ecosystem and the general population.
- In general, environmental planners work with government and local agencies to determine how construction projects will affect the environment.
- Environmental planners also explore the relationship between people and the environment. They determine how routine activities such as the way that people travel can have a healthy impact on the environment instead of a deadly one. They determine how a community can change their values with respect to the environment by evaluating land use, infrastructure, and the community’s natural resources. Environmental planning is concerned with increasing the quality of life.
- Agency for Non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology(ANERT)
- Environmentalist Foundation of India
- Centre for Science and Environment
- Exnora International
- Foundation for Ecological Security
- Goa Foundation
Environmental planning and cooperating organization, Madhya Pradesh